The Gauntlet is a series of encounters of progressive difficulty intended to test the combat stamina of the Player Characters.
- Following the defeat of the creature or creatures from each Encounter Level the next higher Encounter Level will begin immediately and initiative will be re-rolled.
- Encounters will continue until all the PC’s have reached -10 HP.
- All combatants must remain within the boarders of the arena. Flying up to 60 feet up or moving through the ground up to 10 feet down is permitted. Ethereal effects are permitted but the combatant still must remain within the above noted boarders.
- No combatant shall create any situation that allows them to rest long enough to recover spells and/or hit points (such as with a Rope Trick).
- No achievements can be earned and no achievement rewards can be played.
- The Dungeon Master may deem any action illegal if it is in opposition to the spirit of the Gauntlet.
- Player characters are rewarded with experience points earned from all creatures defeated. Players remain eligible for the experience points even after death.